At Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP we understand what our clients need from their lawyers; commercial advice that is practical, efficient and effective. This is what we focus on providing to our clients, a top-quality service that is second to none.
Our team includes widely experienced specialists in each of the below areas, acting for our clients both in the UK and overseas.
- Commercial and Residential Conveyancing
Transacting real estate or securing a mortgage is among the biggest decisions that you might make, and they can potentially bring with them associated problems.
At Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP, we have a team of highly specialised lawyers and professionals who are available to safely guide you through the process, ensuring that transactions are as unproblematic as possible.
We are able to advise and assist you with any of the following matters:
- Residential Sale and Purchase
- Commercial Sale and Purchase
- Tenancy Agreements
- Property Development
- Landlord and Tenant including Freehold and Leasehold Disputes
If you require help with any of the above matters, please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
- Company Law
Our team is experienced in handling a variety of company matters. We can assist with; business start-up arrangements, business expansion plans, management buy-outs and company re-structuring to effect tax efficiency.
Our close engagement and understanding of our clients’ affairs allows us to actively and effectively resolve their legal commercial problems.
In particular, we can advise on the following matters:
- Company Formations, Dissolutions and Winding up
- Partnerships, Private Limited Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships
- Shareholder, Partnership and Joint Venture Agreements
- Appointments of Directors, Shareholders and Company
- Preparing and submitting Annual Returns and other statutory returns to Companies House and other appropriate bodies
- Preparation of Board Room Minutes, supervising Shareholders’ Meetings and detailing Board Resolutions
- Directors’ Duties
- Sale and Transfer of Shares
- Restructuring of Business
- Employment Advice for Business Owners
For our advice and assistance, please contact us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
- Employment Business Agreements / Contracts
Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP can provide advice and representation for employers and employees on a variety of employment issues. Whether you are a large corporation, a small business or an individual, we would work in close partnership with you to resolve all issues in the best way possible.
For our advice and assistance, please contact us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
At Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP, we understand the many difficulties that employers face. We can offer legal advice and guidance on a variety of employment issues, including; employment contracts, severance arrangements and corporate restructuring in the face of changing commercial circumstances.
We have a team of specialist advisers who are able to provide comprehensive advice on both day-to-day transactional issues that you may face, as well as more complex problems.
In particular, we can assist you with the following matters:
- Drafting and updating documents – employment contracts, compromise agreements, post-termination agreements, procedures and policies
- Employee handbooks and procedures
- Employee disputes
- Restraint of trade and confidentiality disputes
- Court and tribunal representation
- Post-employment issues such as non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements and misuse of an employer’s proprietary information
In order to avert unnecessary commercial losses, we would always advise seeking legal advice before making any important commercial decisions. Please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448 for assistance on any employment matter.
Here at Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP we understand the sensitive nature of individual employment issues and we recognize the difficulty of handling them alone. We are able to advise individuals on a broad range of employment issues including:
- Your rights and obligations under your employment agreement and staff handbook
- The options and remedies that would be available in cases of unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal
- Ensuring that you receive the full compensation that you are entitled to if you have been made redundant
- Contractual disputes including pay and bonuses
- Employment Status
- Detrimental Treatment
- Discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief, sexual orientation including harassment and victimisation
- Understanding compromise agreements
- Negotiation of severance packages
Whatever the nature of your employment law issue, we have the experience and expertise to recommend the best solution for you. Please contact us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
- Loans and Legal Charges
Our solicitors are fully versed in assisting the acquisition, disposal and mortgaging of properties. We can also help with swift remortgaging arrangements as well as the following:
- Loans and Legal Charges
- All aspects of Buy-to-Let property investment
- Transfer of Equity / Change of legal ownership between existing or new title holders
Re-mortgaging a property asset involves transfering from one lender to another, either to obtain a more favourable mortgage rate or to extend the loan term. We can guide you through the entire process, ensuring that it is as simple and straightforward for you as possible.
To find out more or how we can assist you, please contact us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
- Immigration Applications
Here at Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP, our team has over twenty years of experience in providing assistance with immigration services. We are able to advise you on the legal requirements, your eligibility, the range and content of documentation required, processing timescales as well as your prospects of success. We offer personal, efficient and cost effective solutions to all of your immigration needs.
Our team of specialist immigration lawyers can assist you with the following visas:
- General Visitors
- Highly skilled migrants
- Skilled workers
- EEA Family Permits
- Fiancés and Prospective Civil Partners
- Spouse and Civil Partner
Lu Oliphant Solicitors is part of a group of organisations that are able to act as advisers to prospective sponsors under the points-bases system. Therefore, we are able to advise and guide employers seeking to sponsor immigrant workers. We can assist you with:
- Sponsoring migrant workers from outside Europe
- Certificates of Sponsorships
- Employing European workers
- Licence Registration Application
- Business visitors
The above areas of speciality are not exhaustive, so if your problem is not on the list, then please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification as we may still be able to offer our help. Call us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
- General Disputes and Litigation
Lu Oliphant Solicitors LLP are experienced in handling disputes for our clients across various areas of the law. We seek to settle many claims and disputes out of court, whilst endeavouring to save you money. Nevertheless, as we always have your interests at heart, we would always pursue the matter in court where appropriate.
We will always guide you through the whole litigation process in the full expectation of optimising your success. Below are examples of disputes we handle:
- Contractual disputes
- Commercial disputes
- Consumer and supplier disputes
- Debt Collection
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Employment disputes
- Will or inheritance disputes
Please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448 to discuss your dispute and find out how we could assist you.
- Statutory Declarations (UK/Overseas)
Statutory Declarations are written statements that have been declared to be true in the presence of an authorised witness, such as a solicitor. They are necessary in a number of situations and are commonly used in the following circumstances:
- Change of name on your passport
- Declaration of your identity such as nationality or marital status
- Certificate of existing lawful use and development
- Corporate/company statutory declarations compliant with statutory requirements and good governance of a company
- Company director’s declaration of solvency when going into voluntary liquidation
- Immigration applications
- Penalty charge notice disputes
- Patent applications
We will prepare the statutory declaration to your specifications and, if so required, we will arrange for you to attend a local firm of solicitors to have the declaration sworn. We can also administer Oaths, Declarations and Affidavits to be sworn, where another firm or organisation has had them prepared.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448 for more information on how to make a statutory declaration.
- Legalisation of Foreign Deeds and Documents
Legalisation is the confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a document is genuine. Having a document legalised does not, however, mean that we certify its contents are accurate, and it does not carry any sort of official approval.
Legalisation of UK documents
Legalisation is usually required by foreign authorities to allow use of a UK document for official purposes in their country.
Please note that all we can do is legalise documents – we cannot translate them.
Legalisation of foreign documents
We are able assist with the legalisation of certain foreign documents. Please contact us and speak to one of our specialists to find out how we can assist you.
- Powers of Attorney
A power of attorney enables another person to act on your behalf, including empowering them to sign legal documents and enter into legal contracts. If you are unable to deal with any of your finances or paperwork, then your attorney will have the power to do so under a power of attorney.
A power of attorney can also be used to authorise a person to make decisions (including decisions on medical treatment) on your behalf in the event that you lose mental capability and the ability to make your own decisions.
In the circumstances of your mental incapacity through illness or otherwise, not having a Lasting Power of Attorney might lead to serious and lengthy complications of administration. In the face of losing your capacity to make your own decisions, commissioning a Lasting Power of Attorney is a prudent and protective measure.
There are many different types of power of attorney. Please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448 for more information on what would best suit your specific needs.
- Wills and Probate
We understand that bereavement can be a highly emotional experience and our team of specialists have the skill to aid and advise you with the utmost delicacy. They will take the time and care to talk you through each step of the process, resulting in an outcome that is to your full satisfaction.
We would always advise our clients to make a will and to keep it updated throughout their lifetime. Many people assume that their estate will automatically pass in full to their spouse or civil partner but this may not always be the case. Without a will there is no certainty that your estate is passed on in accordance with your wishes.
Our team has considerable experience in dealing with wills and probate and are able to provide efficient and cost effective services including:
- Drafting and updating wills
- Administration of Estate
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Inheritance Disputes
- Court of Protection
For further information, please contact us on +44 (0) 208 952 8448.
To discuss your individual situation or requirements, contact us today on +44 (0) 208 952 8448
We are members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), which is a recognised quality standard for property transactions; meeting the high standards of the Law Society to ensure that we give a professional and quality conveyancing service. You can find our registration details at Solicitors Regulation Authority via the following link: